Friday, April 29, 2011

Visiting the Brewers - April 26, 2011

Let me start by saying I was stunned! These were NOT the kind of brewers I was anticipating. I had visions of dozens of flavors of beer and learning how each was made. Maybe being able to sample a few while munching on a brat. I was very glad to learn before we arrived that a brat is a hot dog like thing not some spoiled kid.

Anyhow, the brewers that we went to see were the Milwaukee Brewers, at Miller Stadium. Its a baseball team. I really like the sponsor of their stadium. Miller Brewing, maker of my favorite tasty beverage. Miller Lite long necks. We didn't stay out in the parking lot and tailgate because it was raining. But some crazy people did. I think they were the same people that Norm had warned me about that had that fever and wore cheese. I really think they should see a doctor. But it looked like fun anyway!





Homey bought me a souvenir. He said he had to since I had such an affinity for brewers. I just thought it was nice of him & Mrs. Mike. Thanks!








Considering that this was my first baseball game and I had nothing to compare it to, I think we had great seats and a great time. Although I think Homey was getting a bit frustrated with all of my questions throughout the game. Have I mentioned Wisconsin being a bit strange?

The stadium had a roof! That would NEVER happen in Chicago according to Norm. Baseball & especially football are supposed to be played outdoors!

I don't want to hurt Norm's feelings, but it was a lot nicer being inside!  None of the rain and cold that was waiting for us to return outside. It sure made the game more enjoyable.






It wasn't a long neck, but it was tasty! 

The game went into extra innings because it was tied at the end. Unfortunately, the Brewers lost in the tenth inning, but we had a blast!








I met a gorgeous, really tall, lady that was a big fan of the Brewers. I think she might have had a few tasty beverages too. She was woo-whooing really loud and dissing the fans of the other team. As you can see, she was dressed in the finest of Brewers' clothing. I didn't hang around by her for too long. She was really firing up some of the others and it seemed like tempers were getting very short.




I also met a fellow gnome. He said he didn't travel much anymore but that he had received specialized training and now was a banker. He said people gave him their money and he held onto it for them. He said he didn't get to spend it or anything but he felt pretty good that they trusted him to watch it for them. I guess if I get too old to travel I might think about becoming a banker.

But until then....many more places to go, stuff to see and things to try.

Keep having fun,
Travis


No comments:

Post a Comment