Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Woods of Wisconsin - Easter Weekend

Greetings all, Travis here. Homey, Jessica, their youngsters and I had a great weekend. We went to Jessica's parent's place in the woods. They actually live in a log cabin. However, I am not allowed to show you a photo of the cabin, state secrets and all. I think they were growing spinach because they live in the boonies!

I can show you a picture of the woods around the cabin. See, aren't they spectacular? Beautiful country, but virtually impossible to identify.

There were some other places "around" that shouldn't get me in trouble with the government. I think this barn was some sort of spy office. There were a bunch of antennas on the roof with a wire connected to them all running down to the ground. There also was this guy wearing a suit and dark sunglasses who kept hiding every time I pointed the camera at him.


 I wasn't allowed to bring the camera anywhere near the cabin, much less inside. Although I was granted permission to see Jessica's parents, it is strictly prohibited to take pictures of them or the cabin. I think they are secret agents for the cheese industry.


Homey said we were going to an experimental aircraft place on the way back to Homey's. I really expected it to be all secret like Jessica's parents cabin, which made me all goose bumpy. The part I didn't understand when we got there was if it is suppose to be a secret why are there advertising signs ? EAA stands for Experimental Aircraft Association. Don't ask me who comes up with this stuff, I just tell it as I see it. It is Wisconsin...

I have an old neighbor from my childhood that flew one of these. It may be the same plane except that when he was flying it it didn't have a stick hanging out of its tummy. The tail number on his plane started with FU, just like this one. He said he got the number from the way he saluted before take-off.

The people here are a bit stranger than I thought.

Who puts full size planes in the yard as a decoration? A pink Flamingo or handsome gnome I can understand, maybe a mushroom house or rabbit, but a plane?


Well that was it, just a sign and a plane stuck in the yard. Nothing else.




Homey said we might go and see some brewers in Milwaukee later in the week. Some of my favorite places have tasty beverages, but a whole bunch of brewers in one place is too much! I am so excited, I can't wait.

That's all I have for now, from some field near Oshkosh.

Travis


No comments:

Post a Comment