Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trailerless Rally - April 9, 2011

Trailer-less rally... I had to ask Norm what that meant. He said it was just a few of the friends from the vintage trailer rallies (that I have yet to attend) that get together in winter or early spring without their trailers. Just an informal, overnight, gathering of catching up before the trailer rally season kicks off.

Seemed pretty boring honestly. These are Norm & Jules' vintage campers. Walter the Hippie,



and Bob the Burger.

Walter is a '65 Aristocrat Lo-Liner and Bob is a '58 Hiawatha.



Ok, so what right? I have seen the campers in the yard. Its not like Norm bothered to take me out and show them to me or anything. Plus, I already had links to some photo albums of the campers.



From left to right, this BJ, our hostess, me, Gib, and Kimberly. We were suppose to go out into town but Kimberly hurt her back picking up a puppy so we stayed put. Must have been a whopper of a puppy.



Yes, tasty beverages were involved in the evening's festivities. I even found a relative hanging on to one glass. I wasn't sure if he was climbing in or out so I just left him be.





Norm described the early part of the night fairly well. Just sitting around catching up and talking campers and rallies. (Boring...) That is Mike & Jessica with Kimberly.






A little different angle shows Jules & BJ too.

In keeping with the camping rally theme BJ cooked pork chops on the grill. Mmmmm... they were great!
This is Sampson. He is a very dangerous creature. His bark will damage your hearing. I wasn't too afraid of his bite. He was kind of on the small side. BJ said he had a big heart though to go with his big name. That and he was still just a baby.
As the evening progressed we got out a deck of cards and started playing a game called in between. I wasn't sure how the game was played but we all caught on pretty quick. I was getting to know everyone pretty well by then. Give someone a few cards and a couple of quarters in front of them and you can see the real person emerge. Hunters and hunted.
Mike was poking fun at me most of the night which was ok. He is a funny sort of person. Funny ha ha, not funny weird. Then again...But we did get along really well. I think everyone in this group is just a touch off center if you know what I mean... That is probably why they all get along so well.
 I didn't want to tell Mike that although I appreciated his help with holding my cards, it sort of defeated the purpose of the game by holding them where I couldn't see them and everyone else could. Duh...  






Mike is big into his phone, which he said had internet. Is that like what you wear under your coat? I just wear my jammies.  Or is it some big highway sort of thing? I wasn't sure what he kept checking on and looking at. I was impressed though that he could hold it and still read it at that distance... Maybe he has those in the eye lens things I have been hearing about.

Well, that was about it for the night too. I thought these guys were going to hang tough and go most of the night, like we did in Vegas. The party dwindled out like an old candle around 1 am. Maybe that is why they have the trailer-less rally. To start rebuilding their stamina for camping season. I certainly hope so. I sat and counted stars until 3 am by myself.

Talk to you soon....

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment