Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sunday Morning Breakfast - Every Sunday (March 27th, 2011)

Greetings friends,

I have to tell you this is one way cool family. We eat at restaurants a lot. Every Sunday after church (St. Catherine's) we head off to a little place in the town. I don't know what really goes on in church though. They won't let me wear my hat inside and I don't want to take it off because I don't want anyone to see my bald spot.

The town is called Genoa. The only Genoa I had ever heard of before was a salami and a town in Italy. This restaurant is like many others, except that not everyone calls it the same thing. The sign says Spring Grove Family Restaurant. But most folks call it The Genoa Restaurant. I think it has to do more with the town has a GRUNCH of farmers and they are used to doing things their way! After eating there I'm just glad I was invited! Good food galore.





Remember to study. No, they don't have eel sandwiches either.










Brock let me sit in his chair for a bit. I think he was getting hungry because he asked me if I would move shortly after my coffee was refilled.





If you couldn't tell Brock and I have fast become best buddies. He was pointing to our waitress, Jackie, as she was coming back and said I could get a fancy chair for myself from her. Jackie is now our official waitress when we go.

She's a bit camera shy though. I couldn't tell if it was because she was in the witness protection program or if maybe my cologne was a bit strong. I like musk ox cologne though. Norm said I smelled like a buffalo. What a goof. He doesn't know the difference between a musk ox and a buffalo.



Norm was telling me to hurry up and move so Brock could sit down. Brock told Gbody (that's what Brock calls his grandpa Norm) to cool his jets because he wasn't in a rush or anything.


 


After we finished eating Jason got a surprise dessert for his birthday. I need to ask him when his birthday really is though since I didn't get him a gift. Maybe he'll let me slide this year.





  



 Right before we left we finally convinced Jackie to pose for a picture with us. She is the best waitress (other than Kate of course)! Jackie actually remembers everyone's names and what they drink. I think she has a photographic memory. You should stop in some time and have a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment