Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Getting Homesick - May 10, 2011

Greetings fellow travellers! I thought perhaps I should stop in and give you an update of my plans and recent happenings.

As you can see, me, Homie and Homie's crew all went to the House on the Rock. Personally I thought building it on a rock was fairly weird since everyone knows building on dirt is much easier.

While I am having a great time here in Wisconsin I am actually getting a bit homesick.  That and they have some VERY STRANGE beings up here.

We stopped at a park and this particular being was wandering around. Homie said it was a troll.  Many of my closest friends are trolls, I know trolls, this was not your normal everyday troll!

I certainly am a firm believer in dancing to a different drummer, coloring outside of the lines, and all of that. But honestly, this guy gives me the willies! What can I say?  All I kept thinking was serial killer. I know it is questionable behavior on my part, but I also think that when you have a very strong "gut instinct" you should go with it! I'm sure this guy is a lot of fun once you get to know him, but the pierced nipple sent me over the edge. 



I did meet another lovely angel while walking around a garden recently. She mentioned something about how her baby resembled me. Cute kid, but NO WAY! I am not a striped hat kind of gnome. That is a whole different troupe altogether. Those guys really know how to throw a party but it does get a bit crazy before the morning.






Norm sent me an email yesterday and was giving me some updates as to things that I have been missing at home, including Brock.  He also told me that my cousin Gunther stopped by the pink house looking for me. I guess Gunther didn't know I was hanging around up north.


Gunther Gnome at Norm & Jules'
 I haven't seen Gunther in quite a few years and had no idea he was in the midwest, much less the USA! Come to find out he actually has lived in Wisconsin for the past twenty or so years. Norm said Gunther could hang out at the pink house until we could arrange a meeting place and time.

We are planning on getting together later on this week and doing some catching up. We agreed to meet at a little place called Marengo Ridge Forest Preserve, in Illinois. The convenience and timing was perfect!  It will be the first vintage trailer (camper) rally of the season and a great time to see the family again.

Until then...

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment