Monday, February 14, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011 - February 1st & 2nd

Well, I sure could tell we were back in Illinois for this one! The blizzard of 2011. Blizzard, what a funny word. Sounds like a dessert. I prefer Jason's term for the storm - Snowmageddon! Sounds cool.

A lot of people, including Jules & Norm were worried about this one. Usually nobody gets too worked up about forecasts here because we all know weather forecasters just guess what the weather MIGHT be. Only this time they seemed real sure of themselves.
This was Jules little VW Bug Thursday morning at home.

This was Norm's van at work a couple hours into the storm Tuesday night. Jules gave him some real good advice and made him stay in town at work until the storm ended Thursday morning.

This is the kind of snow that I and most kids LOVE!!

NO SCHOOL deep!

Plenty of time to play outside and do all sorts of fun things. I especially like King of the Mountain!

Yes, we do in fact live in a pink house. I asked Norm about the shutters and the hearts in the middle of them. He said he made them for Jules and don't go there.
I hope when Norm shovelled out this walkway he reinforced the walls!

Do you know the BEST thing about snow like this?


SNOW ANGELS!


Making snow angels is a blast. Seeing where somebody else made one after they left always makes me smile because it is proof somebody was having fun and happy when they made it.

A close second to snow angels is snowmobiling! I just have to convince Jason to give up the keys and I'm outta here!
34" of snow?   I have to go out with a balloon tied to me in case the snow I'm walking on gives way.
That way they will know where to find me.  Come on Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment