Saturday, February 12, 2011

Florida 2011 - The REST of the story

After getting settled into the hotel and after my nap, I of course had to go and check out the amenities. I found paradise, the HOT TUB!! Yes, that LOOKS like a coffee cup. But a true party-boy knows how to carry a tasty beverage (strawberry daiquiri) without drawing attention to ones-self.

I was surprised at how chilly Florida was at 11:30 at night, in January. But the hot tub and daiquiri made the temperature less important. (Getting out of the hot tub and back to the room we won't discuss. Suffice it to say my voice went WAY up!)


I'm not sure why, but everyone was calling this mini golf. Hello! To the vertically challenged this is NOT mini anything! A little sensitivity please. That is Jean & Steve with Jules. Jean is Jules' sister and Steve is Jean's husband. I think that makes him some sort of in-law. I've heard in-laws are not good things, which I don't understand. Steve was a fun guy. We got along great. Plus, he had more tasty beverages.

Here we go again... Norm thought putting me by the gator feeding pond would be fun. I swear I'm going to bite him! Luckily Jules came to my rescue and told Norm to leave me alone. Did I tell you I really like Jules?

And WHY would you have alligators in the middle of a golf course? Did I mention Florida is weird?

At the clubhouse when we were done there was "almost" an issue. It seems my score was lower than everyone elses. I just explained that since this was my first time golfing it must be beginner's luck. I heard Norm and Steve mumbling something about math skills. I'm not too sure they bought it.

Of course after such a challenging course it was time for lunch. I have FOUND my favorite place to eat. Its called Cracker Barrel. Don't ask me why, it just is. The coffee was great and the food even better. The only drawback with the place is no tasty beverages.
After lunch we went to this touristy town because Jean said there were a lot of cute little places to shop in. Not being much of a shopper I took a stroll along the boardwalk and met some really cool guys. They were world travellers like me. We shot the breeze for a while and then I moved on. 








After talking with my new friends I thought I should find Jules and the rest of the gang. I went into this one shop and about had a heart attack! Now wait a minute, don't go jumping to conclusions! I swear to God this is my first visit to Florida! I have NO idea who this kid's parents are. No, I don't want to know who his mother is and if I have ever met her. I hope Jules doesn't go into that shop. I'm still trying to impress my new family. Where the heck is Norm, he has the car keys!
Got the keys, time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment