Monday, February 14, 2011

Football Sunday - The Big Game - February 6


OK, I like football as much as the next gnome. But to me a super bowl is extra large and filled with chips and has a smaller bowl of dip or salsa next to it.


The little guy is Brock, Jules & Norm's grandson. Brock is a Bears fan so the game didn't have as much meaning for him as it might have since the Packers were in it. But Brock's aunt Julie is a Packers fan so it wasn't all bad. We had the gathering at Brock's house. His mom, Joni, is a great hostess and has a flare for decorating like her mom. (As evidenced by the home made tablecloth for the event.)

This was Brock & me getting better acquainted. He is a really cool guy and seems to know quite a bit about football and a lot of other things.








I wasn't sure at first if Brock was messing with me because I'm vertically challenged. But it turned out he was showing me some football moves.








Later, Brock said it was ok to sit in his dad's chair. The funny thing was that Brock could sit in it, not me. He kept tossing me on the floor.



I made another new friend too. It was Brock's buddy. I figured the dog didn't get out much and I made a small wager with him. Brock decided that he wanted some of the bet too.


It seems Brock is extremely well versed in football. Clearly I was out of my league! I can learn a lot from Brock. He's good! I did learn something though. DON'T wager on football things when Brock is in the pool.





I got to spend some time behind the camera too.
These two shots are of Brock & his Aunt Kate. Kate was a Denver Bronco's fan but is now a Bears fan. Its just that she still fits in her Denver jersey that she got when she was like 10 years old. Maybe someone should get her a Bears jersey... When they have big game gatherings everyone wears their team's jerseys no matter if they are in the game or not.









This is Brock & his mom, Joni. Brock was getting a bit tired as the game was winding down. The fact that the Packers were about to win didn't help much either. The one consolation prize for the Bears fans is that the trophy is back in the NFC North. (Whatever that is. I really have to discuss this football thing a lot more with Brock.)
Well, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment