Sunday, February 13, 2011

Robert's Going Away - January 15, 2011

One of Norm's co-workers, Cathy, was having a sending off gathering for her son Robert. It seems Robert had been dropped on his head recently and had joined the Army. I met Robert for the first time today. I can honestly say that I don't think he actually fell on his head. He made a very rational decision to join and we are all proud of him. This is me & Robert. I was really looking to see if he had fallen on his head, but I didn't see any dents.




This was the "snack" table. Snacks... It seemed more like a gourmet meal. The one sandwich thingy alone was bigger than me.







Robert showed me around and he had some really cool stuff. I especially liked his tent. Although I can't figure out how a guy so tall could fit into that tent. Maybe he is a contortionist. But I have to get one of those!

I'm not sure what the little white guy was thinking when he was trying to sneak over by my beer. I told him he had to go get his own. He made a high pitched noise that hurt my ears and left. I'd hate to hear him sing karaoke.



Robert leaves for boot camp in the next day or two and then on to more training. After that its anyone's guess. God's speed and stay safe my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment