Sunday, July 22, 2012

Christmas in July - 2012

Christmas in July? With NO snow? That is like a Chicago hot dog with catsup on it. But Norm's aunt goes and visits everyone for the December holiday and nobody gets to see her decorations and stuff, which are really cool!. So, she decided to have her Christmas party in July. Any reason to have a party works for me!

Another good reason to have Christmas in July is so Santa can bring you summer gifts. Mittens and hats and stuff are great in December, but you would never get Frisbees, snorkeling gear, and camping stuff in December so July works! Although I have to wonder if the elves would be mad giving up part of their vacation. Maybe I should send some extra cookies back with Santa for them...



See what I mean about the cool decorations? All of these figures are metal and the church is stained glass. These remind me of when I was a kid!





Jingle Bells... Jingle Bells... Jingle all the way...



I don't know if they are made out of lead, cast iron or what, but they are heavy. And the paint on them is fantastic!

Not only are they older than Norm, they are nearly as old as dirt! (But the difference isn't as big as you think...)




Here is the hostess, Norm's Aunt Barb. Not only is she Norm's Mom's little sister, she is a terrific artist too and she is cute to boot!

Big Bill kept asking me if she was single. I had to tell him that she was out of his league and not to waste his time trying.

Not only did this cake look good, it tasted fantastic.


One thing that I have learned in writing this blog; it is often unwise to take random, unannounced pictures and later comment about them. Family sees you more frequently than others and they don't hesitate to give you a whack when THEY think the picture I used was unflattering.





This is Matthew & Tommy with me & Big Bill. They are Norm's cousin's boys. I don't know what the official term is, second, maybe third cousin, something like that.

I know Matthew thought Norm was a strange bird for walking around taking my picture, but once he makes my blog he will KNOW how cool it is to get your picture with me.





This is Jax. He is one of the new additions to the family. He was eyeballing his dad after he sat down next to me. I told him I didn't do anything and the funny smell was Big Bill, not me. I don't think he believed me though because he bailed as soon as the shutter snapped.

 
Cam & little brother Jax on the left.
Brock & little brother Heath on the right



The next generation. These babies are the grandkids of Norm and his two sisters. Four boys and a shy little girl who likes bumble bees.









I also learned while at this event not to trust Cameron & Brock when they get together.

Bunnie ears! To ME!!

I've never...







Norm just reminded me that I have a BUNCH of entries to make in order to catch up on my blog and that folks don't want read about grandkids all the time. I just think that Brock is way cool. Cam is right up there with Brock and that Heath & Jax, I'm sure, will catch up soon.

Anyhow, I better get to getting before someone accuses me of being verbose.

Merry July Christmas!

Travis

1 comment:

  1. From the grins on Brock's and Cam's faces I can believe Travis you are in for some fun in the future

    ReplyDelete