Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Property - Closing! August 2, 2011

Well we did it, all of the paperwork is complete and Jules and Norm (and me) now own the property in Malden.

This was just after we signed the paperwork. That is Mick, our attorney that handled the paperwork, with Norm & me.

I told Norm to take the picture since Jules is FAR MORE photogenic than Norm, but Jules just said she would take it.



This is Richard (or Rich or Dick depending on who you talk to). He is the person that we bought the property from.








After we closed we drove out to the property to get a real close look at the scary building. Richard said whatever is there, is yours. Norm decided it was a good idea to take pictures of everything that was still in there. I think we are going to need a BIG dumpster to haul away a lot of the stuff that was left behind.











Although some of the stuff in the building looks like we will be able to use it I still think the dumpster is needed.


We noticed something real icky in this corner. Since there were no lights we took this picture to try and see what was there. BIG flies were buzzing everywhere in this corner.

We have to go back next week and "dig" into this corner to find out what all the commotion is about but only with the aid of a very bright flashlight, or should I say torch for our overseas viewers. I think the best day will be when we tear down this building and start new.


Besides changing the locks on the house and checking out the scary building, one thing that we decided right away was that pushing a mower around on over two acres wasn't such a great idea. Jules told Norm that it was time to get a new mower.

When we got back to DeKalb Jules took me and Norm shopping. This was us figuring out our new toy. Isn't Jules the greatest?  Now we just need to go back and try it out.

Norm said I could ride, but I couldn't drive. I told him that since he was going to be all uppity & protective of the mower that I would just supervise from a distance with a cool drink in my hand. He warned me to stay up high while supervising.


Talk with you soon,

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment