Thursday, August 11, 2011

Joni's Birthday Dinner - August 2, 2011

We finally got everyone together at the same time so we could celebrate Joni's birthday by going out for dinner. Normally we go out on the person's actual birthday but Norm & Jules were at the rally. Some parents huh? Instead of staying home and taking their daughter out for dinner ON her birthday they go partying and camping.


Brock of course was hamming it up with every opportunity,



and playing musical laps.





Joni & Jason (BEFORE Joni noticed Jason's broccoli joke)




Without broccoli or Norm III's rabbit ears.











This is how they are supposed to be.





This is how they really are!

I asked Norm III to give me a ride like Brock. He said he could make me fly. I thought that would be really cool, but Jules said no.

Norm III just chuckled that evil laugh of his and said OK, no flying today. I wasn't sure but it seemed that I had just saved one of my nine lives.







Again, how they are supposed to be...












     and how they really are.






Joni got some nice gifts from everyone,







including the big favorite, a Wii console.








Brock was more excited than Joni.




I couldn't tell which gift was Joni's favorite. Maybe she just liked them all equally.

I know that MY favorite was the birthday sundae that our waiter brought for her while she was opening gifts. While Joni was posing for this picture I was making my move on the sundae.



Norm III was completely stunned when he found out Joni got a gift card for $100.

He had actually gotten it for her but thought it was for $20. Wait until he gets his statement...


The haul









After dinner was a chance for all of Jules & Norm's kids to pose for a picture. Whodda thunk it?



Of course I had to get in on it too, especially since it was on Norm's bike.

Then Brock got his FIRST motorcycle ride, much to the chagrin of his dad.





 
This is a video of Brock's first ride. Everyone thought Joni would be the nervous parent. Ha! It turns out Jason talks about Brock riding motorcycles and such, but I think Norm III jumped Jason's timetable a little.

Well, that was about it. Until we have another event that I need to report on, keep having fun and remember that life is too short to always worry about tomorrow, live today.

Travis








No comments:

Post a Comment