Friday, October 21, 2011

Malden and Princeton - Sept - Oct 2011

Well now... Even though Jules won't let me tell you everything (ok, hardly anything) about the changes that have been occurring to Ilean I can tell you this, the property has become a great little campground!

Staying in the campers is one of the highlights of going to Malden. Of course even as Ilean progresses into a more habitable abode the campers remain the reason that Norm and Jules bought the property.  I think Norm needs to set the campers up more like he does for the rallies though. I think he is being lazy but Jules says he is just tired from working on Ilean.

There are plans afoot to actually bring the other campers to Malden. I can see it now, Norm and Jules' four campers, Joni & Jason's camper and my camper, all parked in a semi-circle with a little campfire ring in the middle, Norm III's hammock hanging in the trees, a cooler full of ice cold tasty beverages, and Brock getting all excited every time a train goes by.
Brock is really into trains right now. He talks about them all the time.

The image of six or seven campers of friends and family all parked on the property for a weekend and everyone sitting around a campfire is something I hope we can accomplish next summer. Ilean will be done by then and hopefully the shop building will be built in spring. Clearly there is enough room for those dreams to become a reality.

Having Bob & Walter parked the way they are has drawn some attention from a few of the Malden residents. One woman stopped by and said her sister is an artist and after seeing Bob & Walter wanted to make a painting using the campers and property as the subject matter. Of course I said yes immediately and invited her and her sister to stop by anytime. Then I went in and told Norm and Jules about the encounter.


I HAVE to tell you about what happened when we went to Princeton for supplies. A guy wanted to thump me! Can you believe it? Scared the pellets out of me!

Princeton is the "big" city compared to Malden. While there I saw a gorgeous woman standing near the door of a local spa. I of course approached her and complimented her on how great she looked. I have a way with the ladies as you well know. I was just about to bust a move when this guy cleared his throat. I told him he probably needed some lozenges, but I didn't pay him much attention. He did it again and when I turned around I couldn't help but giggle a bit.

He was wearing grape vines instead of clothes!

I think he thought he was all that and a bag of chips. He said I was talking to "his" girl. I told him if he was trying to make time with the ladies the proper way is to wear clothes, not vines. That was when he threatened to stomp the stuffings out of me. I told him he would look funny with his grapes laying on the sidewalk. He didn't get the joke and actually tried to stomp on me. I made like a banana and split. I couldn't believe how testy he was. Since I'm a lover, not a fighter, I thought it best to skedaddle.

When I told Norm about the encounter he told me sooner or later I was going to put a move on some lady and her significant other was going to make a grease spot out of me. I thought he would be supportive and maybe go talk to the guy. I really don't know why I hang out with him.

We went back to Malden and back to work. I told Jules about the incident and Norm's reaction. Jules told me I shouldn't worry so much, that Norm actually likes me. You could have fooled me.

Till next time,

Travis














No comments:

Post a Comment