Friday, February 22, 2013

Visiting Jules' Mom - Florida - Jan 2013

Jules and three of her sisters (Joan, Jackie and Jean), that live in Illinois,decided to take a trip to Florida to visit their oldest sister (Janet) and their Mom (Miss Lorraine) who now lives with Jan. Considering how much fun I am and how well I travel, Jules decided I could tag along.

The best part you ask?

We left Norm and Big Bill home!








As you can see, I really enjoyed myself!
        (and my red solo cup)


(L-R) back row: Janet, Joan and Jackie
front row: Jules, Miss Lorraine and Jean

Who wouldn't enjoy themselves when accompanied by beautiful women in a tropical place? Woo Whoo what a time I had!

This is Jules and all of her sisters and Mom. A rare event to say the least. Don't worry, they have another shot that I am not in for the family album.






I know some folks think that I am a bit of a freeloader. I don't go along just to look good you know. (Although as eye candy, I am tops. Just sayin')  I am actually helpful!

I taste test things so nobody gets a bad meal. The Chinese we had at the airport was ok. Nothing spectacular, but palatable just the same.







Who would want a skunky beer? I make sure that doesn't happen to anyone in my party!

Or BBQ sauce that is made from catsup. Eeww!



Or bad ribs. Luckily everything was quite tasty.

Ok, so the beer and ribs were mine. I still gave everyone a review of what I ate.

Since Big Bill stayed home with Norm I felt that I needed to step up and contribute more and be less of a prima donna.

It was my chance to impress Jules and get her to see the real me!






Well, I was pretty safe as a tester. Kristy and Taylor worked at Keller's BBQ, in Lake Mary, Florida, and they made sure everything was perfect for our meal. Thanks!






Have you ever shared a hotel room with four women?


A word of advice -














DON'T!






Although it is entertaining in the morning BEFORE they get all dolled up. I thought I was going to get whomped big time when I took these pictures.



I don't think you can see through Ginger the Man and I know he doesn't wear glasses!

I had to promise not to take anymore morning pictures without authorization. Having four women mad at you is very unhealthy!








Ok, maybe just one more...












Something I found out. ONE of the sisters has a thing for chocolate donuts. Another thing I found out, the sisters DON'T tell. So I can't say which one for fear of reprisal.

Especially if I ever want to get invited to go on another trip with them. 

Or get another donut from them to buy my silence!








All dressed and ready we left the hotel and headed for lunch near Jan's house.
I tried to help Jules with the directions and I was informed, "we left Norman at home, don't make us regret that we brought you."

I enjoyed the scenery after that. Tough crowd those sisters.



Aah family... I tried to get Derek to understand that I am not a Patriots fan but he insisted that I give them some props since they made it to the playoffs.
Jan was cool about the whole thing and said I could support whomever I wanted. Thanks Jan!






Just because I'm vertically challenged does not mean that I can be picked up and hung upside down!

Actually it was somewhat thrilling! Even though I nearly lost my lunch. Thanks Lynette & Tim! I didn't think it was possible but I miss you guys already!


Nothing wrong with just posing for a picture. No photo-bombing, no acrobatics, just a simple pose and picture.
Saying "stinky feet" to get everyone to smile was weird, but it worked.
Kayla thought the stinky feet were mine. I said they were Tyler's. Tyler bopped me and agreed with Kayla. For the record, I don't have stinky feet!






Hey, Lynette.....

Do you see how Dave was holding me? Notice my face isn't all red from the blood rushing to my head. Much less exciting, but I look better.


Right after lunch on the way to the cars we stopped for a game of checkers. They didn't know that I am a past checker champion. Well, not champion, but runner up to the runner up of runner ups. Basically I'm pretty good. Anyhow, I showed Kayla some of my patented checkers moves. We whomped Tyler and Derek!

Then we went to Jan and Derek's 's house to visit. I have to admit, I really like the backyard.










We took a stroll down the street and stopped for this picture. Nice neighborhood don't ya think?

We had a really good time visiting with the southern members of the family over the next couple of days.


Fact warning: Being a blogger is great and sometimes people ask about time lines and such regarding my entries. Occasionally I remember things a tad different from others. Other times I might have had a few too many tasty beverages and when I write about the event some facts could be a little jumbled. Call it creative license. Or just throw a buffalo chips penalty flag. Either way is ok with me.


Normally people go home at the same time on family trips right? Not these sisters. Jean and Jackie had to get back a day before Jules and Joan. Jules said it had something to do with airline reservations and overbooked flights. Not that I was complaining! Another day in Florida in January is better than two weeks in northern Illinois.


This is Wanda, she checked us out of our room at the Hampton Inn, which is where we always stay when visiting Jules' mom. Thanks for always keeping the coffee fresh and we will see you next time.

Since we had to stay an extra day Jules got a different hotel near the gulf coast. Look, I don't ask why, I just enjoy the trip. I know Jean and Jackie missed out though. Maybe next time ladies...



Jules and Joan decided to relax and hang at the pool for a few hours instead of my suggestion, going shopping or site seeing.

Visiting family is fun, but chillin' poolside with a tasty beverage, awesome!














Aaahh. Does it get better than this?












The answer my friend,

a resounding YES!











Sadly, our time in Florida had come to the end for this trip. This is Dean, he works for TSA, at the airport. Him wearing rubber gloves had me VERY nervous. This was the first time that I got randomly selected for a search. But the search wasn't as bad as some have said it would be.


Besides, I like a TSA agent with a sense of humor and a smile for the customer.
Thanks Dean, see you on the flip flop.



Until next time,

Travis


No comments:

Post a Comment