Monday, April 9, 2012

Lorraine's 79th Birthday - March 2012

Jules and her sisters decided that their mom, Lorraine, needed a big birthday bash this time around since she was celebrating her 79th birthday in March.


Lorraine & I

Normally family birthdays are somewhat smaller gatherings with maybe a dinner or a cake and a few gifts. This year was different, it had to be a big party. I won't go into details but suffice it to say that Lorraine is not a snow bird.


Owww, ok, quit twisting my arm, alright I'll tell, she moved to Florida for a while. There does that make you happy, you got it out of me. I thought it sounded better with a little mystery.  Jeepers, can't a guy have a little fun?



This is Lorraine's sister Rose and me with Lorraine.





These two girls just sat and talked all day long. I thought I talked a lot. Ha!! The only time that they stopped talking to one another was when we had cake.



One thing that I always enjoy about gatherings with Jules and her family is the food! Naturally seeing family is a great treat, but the fact that they BRING treats too.... You can't beat family like that!



I don't think I have introduced everyone from Jules family.
At least not all in the same picture.


Of course Heath and I had to muscle in on the shot and Jules' oldest sister, Jan is in Florida, but you get the idea.

This is Joan, Jean, Jules & Jackie.





Then there are husbands to mess up shots of the good looking sisters.

This is Michael & Jackie.





Larry & Joan











Steve & Jean










And Jules & Norm.





Then there is the rest of the family. Considering how many times I had my picture taken with everyone I should probably wear sunglasses like the Hollywood types do.

KC & Heath




Norm 3 & Liz

Eric & Amber


  
Jenna & George
 




 


Greg, Cathy & Angela
 

 

Steve & Leah
 


Leah's parents, Chris & George

Shyla & Avery







Dan


Brock & me of course





Kyle & Kate (aka KC)












Bailey & I

When I told Bailey we should get a picture he seemed a bit put off for some reason. I really didn't understand why though. It wasn't like I needed a breath mint more than he did and I certainly didn't tell him he needed one!



This picture is one of those that will go down in family lore. Lorraine with some of her grandchildren & great grandkids. From left; Shyla & Avery; Steve & Elinore; Joni with Brock & Heath; Amber with her baby who was still cooking at the time. She didn't want to be in the picture but we wouldn't let her sit out.


One thing that bugs me though is why Lorraine likes Norm. I thought mother-in-laws are suppose to dislike son-in-laws and vice-verse. But Norm likes Lorraine too. I can see why Norm likes Lorraine, she is a very nice and kind person, unlike Norm. I don't get it.

Well, that wraps up the big birthday bash. We had a lot of fun and got to visit with family. Nobody got into too much mischief and it would be very detrimental for me to comment about some of the happenings. I would like to be invited back so I have to keep quiet about SOME things.

Besides, those family members that missed the party...Maybe not getting all the skinny will get them to attend the next family party.

See you then,
Travis


No comments:

Post a Comment