Thursday, July 14, 2011

What are WE suppose to do? July 13, 2012

OK, I told you early on in this blog (my very first post about my new family) that Jules was the glue that held the family together. She has MORE than proven that statement correct!


I'm really concerned about what we're suppose to do since Jules is out of town. Even Brock is very concerned!


Jules took a trip for two weeks. Yes, just 14 short days. She is in Tennessee. She has been gone for all of 10 days so far and Norm is a basket case! They talk on the phone nightly and they give each other updates about daily happenings. Luckily, Jules comes home this coming Sunday. I didn't know humans can go days on end without eating food!

I've seen Norm eat twice! He made eggs one morning and he ate a frozen dinner thing another day, that's it! The only other thing I saw him eat was when he was sitting on the couch with a Mountain Dew and sunflower seeds. I tell you, I'm starving to death here! I complained Sunday night after he finished off the sunflower seeds KC brought home Saturday afternoon. Norm claimed that he eats at work. Lot of good that does me, he won't take me to work with him. When I mentioned that he works 4 days a week he told me to mind my own business.

I'm not sure what KC & Norm III do for meals though. I think they understand that Norm is basically lost without Jules. Joni, Jason & Brock came over to the pink house on Monday night with food for a cookout. I don't think Norm would have eaten a regular meal if it wasn't for that. I offered to order a pizza for us one night and he told me I had to pay for it. Needless to say I don't carry cash and the pizza guy doesn't take plastic.

Norm & I have been working on a secret project so we have been keeping somewhat busy. I can't show you any pictures of it yet because its a secret. I can tell you about it later and show you the pictures we've been taking as we have been working. I'm sure Norm would thrash me severely if I posted pictures now.

I miss Jules so much that I tried to go see her. When I asked Norm for bus fare he told me to suck it up like the rest of the family or get a job. So I had to devise an alternative way to get him to loosen up on some coin. I told him I was going to send Jules some snacks. He was OK with me rummaging through the cabinets and getting some things together. When I had everything set I asked him if he could mail the container for me. He said he would drop it off at the post office in the morning. Right before he got home from work I put my plan into motion and climbed inside the container. I was all set!

Everything was perfect. On the way to the post office some of the paper packaging tickled my nose and I sneezed. Norm wasn't happy and after finding me hiding said I couldn't send Jules any packages that were bigger than me. I guess I have to wait until Sunday to see her like the rest of the family.

Well, time to get back to work. Besides, running around bugging Norm keeps him on his toes and keeps his mind busy while Jules is gone. Come on Sunday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Travis, if you had planned better you could have stowed away in Jules' suitcase :)

    ReplyDelete