Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jason's Birthday - Finally Celebrating it! - May 2011

As you have read in my past entries, Jason's birthday was in April. Things were very busy for the family and it seemed that every time we planned to celebrate Jason's birthday something else would intervene and ruin the plan. Well, we finally got to celebrate it properly.

One thing that I have learned hanging out with Jules and family is that they don't let birthdays go unnoticed. Even when someone prefers to just ignore the fact that they are having a birthday the others won't let it just be another day. It is always viewed as a special day for that person. This time it was Jason's turn to try and ignore a birthday.

Brock would have none of his dad's shenanigans and like his grandma insisted that the special event be celebrated properly.

The evening started with dinner at a local restaurant. Of course we did honor Jason's request that there be no photos in the restaurant. (We had to give in somewhere or it would have made the whole celebration a brutal ordeal for him.) Instead we had a fantastic time.

After dinner we retreated to the pink house for a casual evening of family and giving Jdub (that is what I call him) his gifts. Since I am now with the family, as a direct result of Jason introducing Norm & me at Christmas, it makes it all the more fitting that he be featured here for his birthday.

The rest of the family had been debating long and hard about what gifts to get Jdub. They decided to pool their resources, since birthdays have a spending limit, and get something for him that he had wanted for a long time. Yep, a couple of cards. They call it being frugal. I think they were just being cheap.



Watching Jdub open gifts is a thrilling time as you can see by the look of shear joy on Norm III's face. How he could contain his excitement is beyond me. I personally was giddy the entire time.





Ok, they weren't all that cheap. They did get Jdub a gag gift. It was a little McDonald's figurine thingy. Actually, Jules got it for Bob, but they had to give Jdub something to unwrap. While he was trying to figure out why in the heck the family would have given him a McDonald's figurine, Norm & Norm III snuck out to bring in the real gift.

Can you hear the theme music in the background as THIS was being unveiled? Seriously, a 42" LCD TV! Can I sign up now for my birthday?
Jdub has done so much for the whole family since joining it that we all felt he deserved to get a luxury toy that hes been waiting to get since he started working on their house. Plus, he didn't get to go to Vegas like everyone else. (Someone had to watch the dogs.)

Jdub was VERY surprised and happy! Now all he has to do is convince Joni that he needs to actually be left to USE his gift, rather than finish his honey-do list for a few weeks.

He is such a great person. At least he let me slide when I first found out about his birthday last month and didn't have a card or anything else.

I almost ruined the night too. I had been commenting on how much I felt that I too deserved a giant TV.  Brock decided I needed to let his dad have his day and to quit whining about what I wanted. I made the mistake of telling Brock to pipe down. After knocking me off the table with one pillow and piling on a few more Brock was about to jump on and pummel me when Jdub grabbed him. I obviously realized shortly thereafter that Brock was right. It was Jdub's day, and he certainly deserved it.
Happy Birthday big guy!

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment